Paul Oliver is a respected mediator and trial attorney who has more than 40 years of diverse trial and legal experience. He has had a diversified litigation practice with both large regional and national firms as well as with a small minority-owned firm. He has handled all types of trial and appellate matters in Georgia and Federal Circuit Courts, including employment discrimination and wrongful discharge claims, collective actions and class actions under AWPA and FLSA, breach of employment or commercial agreements involving restrictive covenants and trade secrets, commercial banking and other commercial transactions such as RICO claims, claims against real estate and personal property, and other commercial and personal injury tort claims.
Paul is also an AV-rated attorney and a Principal in Wimberly, Lawson, Steckel, Schneider & Stine, P.C. in Atlanta.
In addition to his active litigation practice, Paul Oliver has participated in or conducted numerous significant independent internal company investigations involving various forms of harassment or discrimination including:
- Conducted an independent internal investigation involving the CEO of a high profile national non-profit corporation.
- Conducted and independent internal investigation of sexual harassment and gender discrimination against the President of a major division of a NYSE corporation.
- Conducted reviews of an internal investigation the human resources department of a major hospital and of the human resources department of a S&P index industrial product supplier.
- Represented a managing partner of a regional office of a multi-state law firm in an internal investigation of sexual harassment in which he was exonerated.
- Conducted many independent investigations for companies regarding employee complaints of discrimination or retaliation.
- Resolution Resources Corporation (Abe Ordover) – Completed a comprehensive 21- hour training course on the concepts, principles, an application of the skills of mediation
- Panel Member, Resolution Resources Corporation, 1997–2003
- Henning Mediation & Arbitration Service, Inc. – Completed a 12-hour Civil Mediation Practicum approved by the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution (April 1, 2012)
- Dr. Rick Voyles – Completed 28-hour mediator training and 12-hour Mediator Practicum Training (May 2014)
- Attended 2018 Atlanta Training Institute for Workplace Investigators